Over the past year our management team has spent many hours behind the scenes working out a plan that we feel best encompasses the health & safety of all involved, the hopes & desires of our NYT families, and the best scenarios given current information and options.
We understand that some families will be ready to participate now, while others may not. We encourage you to sit out this season if you are anxious about any of our guidelines. We expect each family to make the decision that best suits them, their children, and if applicable their extended family. NYT will respect any decisions that are made.
Here is a summary of National Youth Theater’s program guidelines in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Information from several sources have been considered, as have all applicable state and local laws.
As of March 2021
- NO participant (students, staff, volunteers) will be allowed to attend any activity with a fever.
- If any participant develops a fever after arriving at an activity, they will be required to go home immediately.
- All participants must be fever-free, without the aid of fever reducers, for a minimum of 72 hours before returning to rehearsals or performances.
- If a participant tests positive for CV-19, NYT will contact other participants who came into close contact with that person.
- Face Coverings
- Masks and other face coverings are encouraged for those who prefer to wear them.
- Drop-off and pick-up
- Classes: the class coordinator will provide instructions for carline drop-off and pick-up. Only students & staff will be allowed to enter the building.
- Auditions: only auditioners will be allowed in the building, along with essential staff. Instructions for drop-off and pick-up will be provided prior to auditions.
- Show rehearsals: only cast members and those volunteers deemed essential (& given express permission) will be allowed to enter the building. The production manager will give specific instructions on drop-off and pick-up procedures.
- Specific staff will be designated to perform increased daily sanitization protocols for common surfaces, high touch areas, restrooms, and dining areas.
- Hand sanitizer and soap & water will be readily available. Children will be encouraged to use both frequently.
- Children will be asked not to share food or belongings.
- All patrons, staff, and volunteers who wish to do so are encouraged to wear a mask.
- A separate entrance for those wishing to maintain social distancing will be available.
- An additional seating section will be available for those wishing to maintain social distancing.
- Online and paperless ticketing systems will be used.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided upon arrival to the theater.
Please note that there is an enhanced risk of students or cast members being in direct contact with anyone age 65 or older for 14 days after the end of the activity session.
If you have any questions, please email our program director, AnnWood@nationalyouththeater.org.